Come play in my world for awhile!

Friday, December 19, 2008

What's your size?

My dear friends,

I want to get you a little something for the Holidays. Unfortunately, it is t-5 days until Christmas. I'm still not finished with my shopping. I have a house bursting with guests. Again. I am strung out from parade, and parties, and Girl Scout meetings, and birthdays, and the fact that my holiday baking has yet to commence. So, in a fit of desperation fueled by my strong desire not to step foot in a mall again until 2009 I have decided that I will make you a gift instead. And I will only use materials from around the house. Please let me know your shoe size as soon as possible as I am making slippers. I'm sure you'll agree that this is a splendid idea. I thought you might even want to make some for your own friends so that you too can slow down and enjoy this wonderful time of year, so I’ve included the instructions as well as a picture of the finished product:

Materials

  • 4 maxi pads
  • Tape or glue
  • Miscellaneous decorative pieces such as silk flowers.

Assembly

  • Lay two maxi pads out flat. This is the "foot" part of the slipper.
  • Wrap the remaining two maxi pads around the tops of the "foot" area to form the "toe."
  • Tape or glue each side of the toe pieces to the bottom of the foot part.
  • Decorate the tops with whatever you like!

These slippers are the perfect gift! Their features are numerous but let me share the high points:

  • They are soft and hygienic
  • They have built-in non-slip strips on the soles
  • They have an ingenious deodorant feature that keeps feet smelling fresh
  • But best of all, no more bending bending over to mop up spills
I am eagerly awaiting your reply. It’s crucial that I get the right size for each one of you so that I can get your gift mailed out quickly.

Warmest holiday wishes,

KathyB!

Note: The concept and photo do not belong to me. I received them in a forwarded email with no author or photographer noted. I tweaked the content to suit my needs. Feel free to let me know if they're your ideas so I can give you credit :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD GRIEF.

Anonymous said...

A size 8 and a 6 1/2 please. Oh, and a 12 for DH :)

Court D said...

Never in my wildest dreams...

and 8.

Court D said...

oh hey now you're in my blog roll!

Anonymous said...

unfortunately, that is quite wasteful... and really pretty...... silly