Come play in my world for awhile!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shopping, shopping, shopping, and more shopping

When you're lobbed a gentle pitch right over home plate you just have to whack it....

I spent the entire day shopping. Start to finish. I thought about a few blog ideas but frankly, I'm pooped. I finished helping the kids with homework and sat down at my computer to check email even though I should be making dinner. I can't cook when I am not hungry, and for some completely inexplicable reason I'm not. Go figure. Dinner is overrated anyway, right? I'm sure my family will be thrilled when I tell them. Anyway, I opened up an email and found the following:

Dashing through the mall...
On a mid December day,
Through the $tores I go
Charging all the way...

Ching ... Ching ... Ching ...

Bell$ on register$ ring
Making checkbook$ light,
Oh, what fun it is to buy up
Everything in $ight!

Oh, Ching ... Ching ... Ching
Ching ... Ching ... Ching...

I wish I could take credit for that little Jingle Bells knock-off. And if you wrote it let me know. The email didn't credit an author.

It's the perfect summary of my day. The good news is that I think I am pretty much finished. I love wrapping up (pun intended!) the Christmas shopping. Once you know you're finished it's as though the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders.

I feel 10 lbs. lighter already!
And if you want a good chuckle go on over to Lost in Suburban Bliss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute jingle, I haven't heard that one before. As for the shopping, I am JEALOUS. I am not even close to being done. Wondering what to get my MIL keeps me up at night.

P.S. Thanks for the shout-out to my blog, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard that version, either, and it's wonderful! Congrats on finishing up the shopping...I still have at least another bag-laden day ahead. Sigh.

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)