Come play in my world for awhile!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

She nailed it!

You really have to watch this YouTube video. It's called, "The Mom Song" and this ridiculously brilliant woman has adapted it to the William Tell Overture.

In the mornings I like to wander into the girls' bedrooms singing, "I'm alive, alert, awake, enthusiastic..." If you're not familiar with that morning melody, it's an borderline obnoxious little ditty that I learned on my last camp out. I swear the kids scamper out of bed some mornings just so that they won't have to listen to me sing it.

Rachel was watching the video with me while simultaneously watching me out of the corner of her eye. When it was over she rolled her eyes and said, "You thought that was hilarious, didn't you." It was really more of an accusation than a question. I grinned at her with my most mischievous mommy smile. Rachel rolled her eyes again and turned to leave. As she made her departure I could hear her mutter, "Great. I wonder how long it'll take before she figures out how to blast us out of bed with that in the morning."

Is it wrong that I secretly love to pester them? Eh, who cares. Score one for the mommies! I may be losing the battles, but I'm winning the war....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just think you have won. The kids won as soon as they were born.

Anonymous said...

It is fun to mess with them a little bit. I love it too :)

Anonymous said...

I love that song. :) You should find the Santa letter from mom. You'd really like it.

Anonymous said...

I love this lady and her song. It makes me feel so good to know that I am NOT THE ONLY ONE who acts like, well, a mom! Isn't it funny that we are all so similar? And you can tell your girls that I have a song I sing in the morning when Chuckles refuses to get up, something I made up about being a grumpy bug. She hates it. It works, though!

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap on a Cracker I need that on my Ipod. That is about the best song ever!!!!

Love the site.

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll??

Anonymous said...

You are now linked on my site and I would love to be on yours!!! Thanks.