Come play in my world for awhile!

Friday, December 5, 2008

I guess there's hope for me yet

By Associated Press

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) — A dog weighing more than 120 pounds survived being frozen to a sidewalk overnight, probably because he was insulated by layers of fat, authorities said....

Let's not talk about the fact that the dog was left outside in the first place. Because that's just sad. Instead, let's focus on the silver lining. There is always a silver lining.

Ever since moving to North Carolina I have been battling the cold. This is where the brilliance of the dog story comes into play. Tomorrow when my husband comes to pull little Miss Lazy-Bones away from the computer to go exercise I can respectfully decline because I must save, not burn the 19,486 calories I consumed over Thanksgiving just in case I ever get locked out of the house (again).

It's a shame I'm so tired today. Otherwise I'd tell you about the time I locked myself out of our house, in the middle of the afternoon, in my pajamas, while my husband was traveling in another time zone, in a state where I knew no one... sigh. It's a pretty good story. I promise I'll tell you later. But in the meantime it's good to know that if it happens again at least I won't die.

10 comments:

Paige said...

Hey Kathy B! Do you know Andrea? She's my blog friend and hilarious.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I just love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay... give us the story. NOW!

Anonymous said...

I locked myself out once...on a 30 degree morning...with a screaming toddler in my arms...already late for work...and had to CRAWL IN THROUGH THE DOG DOOR...

Anonymous said...

Alright Kathy! You've got some good stories. We're waiting patiently....

One with many names said...

Heheheh, I found you on the mom network and thought I'd visit. How cold is North Carolina? I'm in Minnesota and I'm not sure the many layers of fat I have would protect me for longer than 5 minutes. :)

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!! I weigh so much more than 120 pounds! I'm safe....I'm safe!!!! I could probably sleep outside in Juneau tonight, and I'd be just fine! Not that I'm going to try that....it's just an idea! ;-D

Accounting SPOT said...

Hi there,
First time reader, loving your blog! Now I am hooked because I have to hear the story about when you got locked out of the house!
Holly

Minxy Mimi said...

LOL, I wanna know the story!!!
I could survive Siberia I think!!!
Hey, I have an award for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Well, gee, I guess I will cancel my diet, then! Christmas cookies, anyone?