I Will Never...
* Understand how I got so lucky as to be the mom of such a sweet and wonderful kid
* Figure out where the time went
* Have kids who are too young for middle school
* Fail to recognize the gifts with which I am blessed
* Comprehend why the Juniors section at Kohl's looks suspiciously like Hooker's R Us. If I wanted my daugther to look like she's working a street corner I'd make an appointment to get her a boob job at the ripe age of 11. I wouldn't sew falsies into her dress. Do you know what I had to do to that dress to make it appropriate for an 11 year old?! Why in the name of all that is beautiful and childlike can we not allow our children to look like (gasp) children? I'll admit that I was shopping in the 11th hour and my options were limited... but seriously?! And just because everyone else is doing it does that mean you should let your kid do it? Are their peer groups parenting the kids or are we?
* Forget the way my heart broke when I realized I couldn't stop her from growing up... When I accepted that she was no longer a child who relied on me for every want and need
* Erase the image of her excited and wondrous expression as she contemplates a future...
that's wide open.