My blog updates are never current. The action is always a day or two (or a week!) after it's happened. I wish I could stay current, but I can't. So without further ado, I bring you:
1) Yesterday I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps in the middle of the night and didn't immediately wonder if someone had the stomach flu. I knew it was Hannah
2) I rolled over yesterday at 6:40 AM to again find myself awakened by the sound of happy footfalls. Instead of cursing the fact that no one under the age of 12 can seem to sleep past 7:00... I grinned in anticipation.
3) The kids offer a candy-filled egg for me to admire. They ask me what's for breakfast... and I tell them they're holding it!
4) I can personally attest to the fact that a perpetual sugar buzz is not an urban legend. I consider myself a trained expert, and I would not recommend that you try this at home.
5) Chocolate actually doesn't sound good. Not even Cadbury Mini-Eggs. And that cracking sound you just heard? I'm pretty sure the top button just flew off my jeans and broke a window after straining unsuccessfully to contain my belly-full-'o-candy..
6 ) I have the dinner menu planned from start to finish for the next week and there are no missing ingredients... Yesterday I baked a ham and Au gratin potatoes that could easily have fed 20 people. There were 6 of us. So... leftover Easter ham, leftover Au gratin potatoes, and random steamed veggies it shall be. The family will be begging for mercy by Wednesday.
7) I sit down for breakfast and can't find room because someone vomited Easter Eggs all over the bench:
I distinctly remember asking someone to clean that up.... If that's the "after" shot I'd hate to see the "before"....
8) Everyone's thumb looks like this:
It happens to me every year. The halves of those little plastic eggs just don't want to go together. You wiggle and align and push and... SNAP! The two egg pieces are as one... with a few bonus layers of my skin caught for good measure.
Happy Easter... A day late